We have concrete goals for our environmental efforts
The environment and sustainability have played a major role at Scanlux Packaging for many years. Our environmental policy is a task we all take on together. This means that we work hard to ensure that all employees know and understand our environmental policy. This applies to all our processes from idea, design, production and transport of packaging. Our employees integrate our environmentally-conscious initiatives into their everyday lives and use them as a guideline in their work.
We became environmentally certified in 2016 and have continuously improved our environmental efforts through concrete initiatives in connection with the production, transport and disposal of packaging.
We work actively and systematically to reduce our impact on the environment. We do our best to protect the environment through all our procedures. Our environmental policy contains objectives and initiatives for how to achieve them.
Together, we focus on the environment
It’s not only within our company that we have requirements on how to deal with our environmental impact. We prefer to choose environmentally-conscious business partners. We expect our suppliers and partners to have the same passion for curbing pollution and climate change as we do. They must adhere to our environmental policy and follow our environmentally-conscious thinking and procedures.
Our environmental policy objectives are:
- To affect our customers’ choices in the direction of more environmentally-friendly and sustainable solutions.
- To choose environmentally-conscious suppliers and partners
- To minimise emissions of greenhouse gasses in connection with transport.
- To generally minimise our consumption of greenhouse gases in our buildings and at our offices.
This means, that we:
- Help our customers reduce their CO2 consumption via packaging through analysis, material choice and redesign.
- Use FSC® certified paper and cardboard in our production processes.
- Use recycled plastic or bioplastic in our production of plastic.
- Want to create packaging that gets reused, can be recycled or composted.
- Ensure that the power from our buildings and offices comes from green energy.
- Sort and recycle our waste.
- Ensure that our employees know and understand our environmental policy and act in relation to it.
- Identify our environmental impact and create plans of action that are assessed every half year.
- Comply with and live up to binding obligations, including the applicable legislation and regulations under the ISO 14001 standard, FSC® obligations and own goals and action plans.
Environment and sustainability are a thriving business
Your guarantee for responsibility
Of course, we have the right certifications in place, so you are guaranteed that the climate and environment are in focus when you use us as your supplier. With our certifications come obligations and legal requirements, which we comply with to a high degree.
We are FSC®-certified (FSC-C126290), which means that you can have the FSC® label on your packaging if you choose to buy FSC®-certified products. If you choose to go with packaging that is FSC®-certified, you are, among other things, helping to safeguard the nature in the forests from which the wood originates. You contribute to the forest workers having decent working conditions, such as fair wages, education and safety. And you also help to ensure that new forests are established where the old ones are felled.
In addition to being FSC® certified, we are also ISO 14001 certified. ISO 14001 is an internationally recognized certification in environmental management. The certification confirms that we do everything we can to reduce the negative impact on the environment that all industrial businesses have. We are also committed to producing not only environmentally responsible products, but also make sure that the process is environmentally friendly.
Our environmental policy is a process
Environmentally conscious initiatives are a process that need to be constantly developed. This also means that we regularly evaluate our environmental impact. We prepare action plans, which are renewed every six months. We continuously evaluate the initiatives we have already implemented and adjust where needed. We also strive to stay updated on what’s happening around the world, as we want to be as well-informed as possible about developments in sustainability.
Environmental initiatives contribute to the development of environmentally-friendly proceduresWhen you buy services and products from Scanlux Packaging, you contribute to environmentally-friendly production and processes via an environmental surcharge. This is because we want to take our suppliers, partners and customers with us on our sustainable journey to reduce our negative environmental impact. The environmental surcharge is 3.85% of the invoice amount excluding VAT and freight. This amounts to a minimum of 5,00 EUR/4,00 GBP and a maximum of 58,00 EUR/48,00 GBP per invoice. The environmental surcharge helps to ensure that we can use the latest knowledge and methods for the benefit of the environment. We take responsibility for our planet. That’s why we are also proud to help reduce our negative environmental impact.
Stay up to date
FSC® og ISO 14001